I was tasked with building a quadcopter to inspect under my parents’ house’s eaves. Though the original mission was cancelled, I continued with the project for my own self edification (and to attempt autonomous flight).
Designing my own fuselage proved to be an excellent exercise in learning Onshape (and CAD in general).
- Plates: 0.062” phenolic sheet (G-10)
- Foam: 1” foam board insulation
- FC/ESC: Diatone Mamba F405 Mk2 F40 Mk2 3-6S 30x30 Stack/Combo
- Camera: Raspberry Pi Camera Module V2
- Brains: Raspberry Pi Zero W
On hold. Turns out a 5” quadcopter isn’t the best platform for flying indoors or in Los Angeles airspace. Also, I realized it would be a better idea to start with 2D navigation.