I needed a controller for my DIY Quad, and I didn’t have a lot of money, so I found cheap guts on EBay, purchased new ~hall effect~ gimbals, then went to town with CAD.
I then gave up on CAD and used a cardboard box.
- Base innards: FlySkyRC FS-i6 (used)
- Right Stick: FrSky M9 Hall Effect Gimbal
- Left Stick: FrSky M9-R Hall Effect Gimbal
- Battery: RDQ Series 7.6V 2S 3500mAh HV LiPo Battery
- Additional hardware: Whatever I could find lying around the house/makerspace
Complete! 100% functional. Hacks to be described in a blog post.
In the works. The quadcopter itself has been abandoned for cars, so it could be a while before I get around to making a better case for this (should I decide I need one).