My 2006 Volvo S40 is a quirky little car that’s starting to show its age. It has the occasional wiring issue. It has taken some dings. It’s somewhat Scandinavian.
Basically, I can relate.
I also get to fix it!
Things I’ve Done
- replace right motor mount
- replace timing belt
- replace mass airflow sensor
- install missing (?!) air intake (long story)
- replace trunk wiring harness and handle
- replace both front control arms
- replace inner front driver-side CV boot
- new spark plugs, several oil changes
- refresh engine compartment wire harness wrapping
- replace/upgrade sun roof drain tubes
- replace door wiring harness connector
- replace coolant hoses
- replace burnt-out headlight bulbs
- replace a side-view mirror destroyed by a car wash (long story)
- replace door trim destroyed by car wash (see above)
Things I’ve Yet to Do
- redo the headlining
- find out why the radio isn’t working
- reupholster driver door arm rest
- get some dings fixed